We are excited that you are interested in this trip!
Please scroll down for more details.
Wed, Jun 23|
Private Stallion & Thoroughbred Farm Tours & Scenic Train June 23-25, 2021
Private Guided Tours of Claiborne & Spy Coast Horse Farms, First Class Private & Air Conditioned Bluegrass Scenic Railroad Excursion, Claudia Sanders (the Colonel's wife) Dinner House, Lunch at Evans Orchard, Dinner at Local Feed
Time & Location
Jun 23, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jun 25, 2021, 9:00 PM
Georgetown, Georgetown, KY 40324, USA
About The Event
June 23-25, 2021
3 days / 2 Nights including Private Guided Tours of famous Claiborne & Spy Coast Horse Farms, 1st. Class Private Chartered Air Conditioned Bluegrass Scenic Railroad Excursion, 2 nights at the new Home 2 Suites by Hilton, Dinner at Claudia Sanders (the Colonel's wife) Dinner House, Lunch included at Evans Orchard & Cider Mill, Dinner at Local Feed, a visit to the historic train town of Midway, Ky., beautiful scenic drives and more.
If you haven't visited a Kentucky horse farm, just know that these are not just your typical farms. Let's describe them more like estates, ranches or plantations with stately homes and barns that don't look like barns.....they are immaculate.
Kentucky is known as the horse capital of the world. It is beautiful country and a trip you won't want to miss.
Includes: 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Royal Excursions motorcoach equipped with a restroom, outlets & free wifi
- Breakfast served by Stacy enroute on the motorcoach along with fun interaction. We will stop for a restroom break every couple of hours. Snacks and water will be provided.
- A lunch / shopping stop will be made on your own in the historic train town of Midway, Ky.
- A "Greeting" to downtown Historic Georgetown, Ky. by the local tourism folks. Browse the many shops, visit the museum, equine themed art galleries, quilt shop, nostalgic antique mall or just hang out...all within a 2 block area.
- Check-in at the new Home 2 Suites by Hilton. This modern property will include a spacious studio suite with sofa, 50" TV, kitchen, indoor heated pool and hot breakfast
- A themed goodie bag for everyone will be waiting in your hotel room
- Dinner included in Historic Georgetown at Local Feed, a farm to table dining experience.
- Relax at hotel & get a good night's sleep
- Enjoy a hot breakfast before your day's adventures
- Private 10:30 a.m. morning guided driving tour of Spy Coast Farms. This is a wonderful in-depth look at a sport horse training facility, including rehab, breeding, training, young horses, gift shop and more. We will drive our motorcoach to destinations throughout the farm. You will have opportunities to get in and out of the motorcoach. This is a fun, interactive and action packed 2 hour tour.
- Lunch on your own today near the hotel.
- The Bluegrass Historic Scenic Railroad in Versailles, Ky. We have private chartered a passenger coach car where you will ride in first class air-conditioned comfort for an afternoon 90 minute journey through the gently rolling hills and picturesque farmland. We will pass cattle and fields of corn, soybeans, and tobacco and will also pass through 2 thoroughbred horse farms where you may see mares and foals in the fields. The train descends through deep limestone cuts to the Kentucky River where you may disembark for a photo opportunity of Young's High Bridge built in 1889 and see the Wild Turkey Distillery.
- Dinner included at Claudia Sanders Dinner House. Claudia was the wife to Colonel Sanders. You guessed it, fried chicken is included! You will feel a vibe of southern hospitality and enjoy the foods made from scratch at this historic property.
- Relax at hotel after an exciting day
- Enjoy a hot breakfast at the hotel
- Check out and load the bus
- Private 11:00 a.m morning guided 1 hour tour of one of the most famous and prestigious in the area known as Claiborne Farms and covers 3000 acres. It is home to Secretariat, (one of the most famous record-breaking race horses) and Seabiscuit (a beloved underdog racehorse who became a champion. The tour includes a stop at Secretariat's grave. It is also home to one of the most expensive breeding stallions, War Front, whose stud fee is $250,000. This is a stallion complex where you will visit with the current stallion roster and learn about the farm's 111 year history of breeding, winning, and supporting the industry. FYI... A stop at the gift shop is included, of course.
- Lunch included at Evans Orchard & Cider Mill. Don't forget to try their famous homemade fried pies and apple cider donuts. Take home some of their offerings from the wonderful gift shop.
- and more.......
$200.00 deposit per person holds your seat.
Your Ticket Price:
$ 519.00 per person double occ.
$ 639.00 per person single occ.
$ 479.00 per person triple occ.
$ 459.00 per person quad occ.
Registration & full payment due by June 4, 2021 so we can finalize details.
Please sign up today & bring a friend!
We look forward to seeing you!
Stacy Kellam: Tour Manager
Tom Kellam: Motorcoach Driver
**** Pickup locations: Kroger Coventry, Heritage Pointe in Warren, In., Ft. Wayne Arby's @ I-69 & Hwy.18 near Marion, IN.,
****Refer to your mailed itinerary for pickup times
****Minimum of 24 people needed for trip.
****Driver's gratuity not included.
Purchase with check or credit card & reserve your seat online by completing the ticket and registration forms. If paying with check, (we prefer this), choose offline payment button & mail it to the address below.
Please make check payable to:
Kellam Road Trips LLC
Tom & Stacy Kellam
P.O. Box 13
Liberty Center, IN. 46766
***You can also call Stacy @ 260-228-0365 or send an email today to reserve your seat! ***
Our email address is: email@example.com
In the event of an emergency that would prevent you from going on the trip, we will try to refund as much as possible, depending upon reservation policies of suppliers. Kellam Road Trips cannot guarantee any refunds if you have to cancel 15 days prior to a 1 day trip and 60 days prior to an extended trip, unless a replacement can be found. If Kellam Road Trips cancels the trip, you will get a full refund.
Double Occupancy per person
Double Occupancy ( 2 Doubles)$519.00
Single Occupancy per person
Single Occupancy ( 2 Doubles)$639.00
Triple Occupancy per person
Quad Occupancy per person